When a craving for something sweet hits, but you don’t feel like diving into a baking project, this easy no-bake treat has got you covered. And they’ll do more than just crush your craving for something sweet – they’re salty and chewy and crunchy too even though they only use three ingredients. They’ve got it all and they take mere minutes to make! (And you need little more than your microwave and something to stir with.)
These simple bars use just three ingredients (seriously!) to create their layers. The first is chocolate chips, which you melt in the microwave before spreading them out on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. The second is salted mini pretzels, which you press quickly down into the chocolate before it has a chance to harden.
The third is caramel bits, which you melt with a bit of water before drizzling all over the pretzels. A little more melted chocolate finishes things off.
While the caramel stays a little chewy, the pretzels have plenty of crunch and the chocolate melts in your mouth. These bars are all about balance, in both texture and flavor. There’s nothing like the combo of salty-sweet and these definitely have that going on in spades! They’re irresistible and just as easy to make as they are to snack on.
No-Bake Salted Caramel Chocolate Pretzel Bars
15 minutes to prepare serves 6
- 1 (12 oz) package semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 8 oz mini pretzel twists
- 1 (11 oz) bag caramel bits
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place 8 oz of the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until melted, stirring in between.
- Spread chocolate out evenly on parchment paper. Quickly place pretzels over the top and press into chocolate. (They might overlap - that's okay.)
- Add caramel bits to a clean bowl. Add 2 tablespoons water and melt according to package directions. Stir until smooth and pour evenly over pretzels.
- Melt remaining chocolate chips and drizzle over caramel. Sprinkle liberally with salt and chill until hardened.
- Cut or break into pieces and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from My Tasty.