Cheesy. Meatball. Biscuit. Bombs. There’s nothing I don’t love about the name of this recipe. These bad boys have a crispy, seasoned crust, ooey-gooey cheesy goodness, and a delicious, meaty center. Throw in some marinara sauce for dipping, and you’ve got an appetizer that’s sure to impress any crowd. Or, you can hoard them all to yourself. I get it. They really are that good.
While these Cheesy Meatball Biscuit Bombs may look laborious and complicated, they are actually quite simple to put together and toss in the oven to bake. This recipe is made easy by using fully cooked, frozen meatballs and canned, refrigerated biscuits.
Start by cutting each biscuit in half, for a total of 16 biscuits. Then, flatten out each one into a disk and layer on cheese and a thawed out meatball. Stretch the dough over the meatball and pinch to close it off.
Next, roll the little biscuit balls in some Italian season to give them that nice, crisp texture, then place each one into a slot in a muffin tin. Bake for 15-20 minutes and top with parmesan cheese and Italian parsley.
One taste of these savory biscuit bombs, and you’ll be hooked. This is the perfect dish to bring to a party or potluck or serve on game day. Check out the recipe below and get to making your new favorite appetizer!
Cheesy Meatball Biscuit Bombs
30 minutes to prepare serves 16
- 1 can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese, cut into fourths (16 little pieces of cheese total)
- 16 fully cooked frozen meatballs, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese; more for topping
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Optional: Italian parsley for serving
- Pre-heat oven to 375° and grease a 16-cup muffin tin.
- Take all 8 biscuits out of the pan and divide each one in half, giving you 16 biscuits.
- Flatten each biscuit into round disks, about 3 - 3 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Place a slice of cheese on each flattened biscuit, followed by a meatball.
- Carefully stretch the dough up and around meatball and cheese, bringing to the top, and pinching firmly to seal.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, breadcrumbs, and parmesan cheese. Roll each biscuit in the breadcrumb mixture and then place in the muffin tin, pinched side down.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown.
- Top with additional parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve with warm marinara sauce.
Recipe adapted from: Pillsbury.